I started reading this one, Preface to begin with and found it worth the read. First it sounded sarcastic, but fact, with the humor punch. I'm still reading this one, but already want to put the preface here.

Preface - Pack your suitcase
"Someone who goes through life without experiencing India misses a whole range of opportunities, paradoxes and contradictions. Where else in the World would you see electronic voting machines being transported to far-flung locations on the back of an elephant or the most advanced communications fiber being laid into the groung with only the help of pick and shovel? At the same time, there is a vibrancy about the business environment in India that can restore enthusiasm and make you want to take on the market anew.
A colleague of mine rolled up in India with two suitcases, one full of business clothes and toiletries, and one packed with cholocate bars - in case he couldn't get hold of any "civilized" food. I was also uncertain and unsure on my first visit, because India does not feel daunting in the West. But I was convinced it was going to be so different that it would change the way I saw both life and business.
I got to know life and business life in India over a number of years, some of which I spent as Managing Director of Unisys India. It was the most challenging and exciting period of my life. Without ever quite being able to anticipate what was going to happen, I had some real successes. I also made all the mistaked there are and learned from them. I hope you can be more wise and learn, not from your own mistakes, but from the mistakes of others - or more particularly, from mine.
So throw away that second suitcase and let's begin."
No comments:
Post a Comment